Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just Updates...

I just wanted to put out some updates on the family. Lily and Jack are doing amazing. Jack is starting to hold is head up at times and Lily is thinking about it. Im trying to let them lay on their tummies alot more because I know that it helps. The biggest news is that they sleep through the night now!!! For the past week or so they have been going to bed between 9:30 and 10:30 and waking up around 5am to 6am. Except for one night Lily made a big(!!!) mess in her diaper which got everywhere. Ive been pumping so Aharon and others can feed and also supplementing with formula. As many know..My babies are little piggies! They eat 4 to 7 ouces at almost every feeding so they are going to be little chunksters until they start moving!!

Elsie is still staying with us. Im trying not to make this public but only trusted people read my blog so I will fill you in...We may be considering adopting her in the next few months. Alot of issues came out in the divorce mediation and they werent very good ones for her mom or her dad (my brother). Both are unable to care for her at this time and her mom doesnt want custody or visitation and my brother is having major issues that he may have to leave for a long time to take care of. Aharon and I had no idea any of these things were going on but their case worker talked to us and informed us that both parents are unable to care for her now and in the future. But onto positive!!!! She is a huge help during the day while Aharon is at work. She helps me fold clothes..Make meals..Change diapers..Everything! Im so happy she is with us.

Aharon and I are doing good. He wants us to take a "night for ourselves" one weekend this month and go to out of town for the night to just reconnect but Im not sure. I mean, I would LOVE to go but I dont want to leave my babies...Any thoughts??

1 comment:

  1. GO! The babies will be fine and it is nice to spend that time with your significant other. Erik and I always take a trip just us every year. I think it is healthy. It is amazing that you were on the other side of adoption just a few months ago and now you might be adopting! Adoption is such a wonderful thing! I am really happy for you. Kayla has been sleeping through the night for about 2 weeks now. Same thing as the twins. . . goes to bed about 8 or 9 and sleeps until about 5 or 6. It is so nice to get the sleep that is needed. She will be 3 months this Wed. It is crazy how time is flying now that our babies are here. Good Luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete